Let our team of professional care managers and caregiver specialists work with you to create a comprehensive package that ensures a successful transition to or from hospital, home or facility.
A move to a care facility without the proper support can be a difficult transition for families and residents. Aging Outreach Services works with the resident, family and facility staff to ensure additional support and care when you need it most. A successful move will help set the stage for a positive adjustment and create a support network of resources. Together, we can create a plan that works!
Preparing for a move takes time and planning. If you are considering a move, consider the benefit of an experienced care manager to help you coordinate care.
Care Coordination Package: 4 hours of Care Management to provide in-person consultation, create individual recommendations and answer questions for out of town family – $300
- Individual assessment of current needs and preferences
- Information on local care facilities and community resources
- Information regarding financial resources such as Medicare, Medicaid, Veterans benefits and Long-Term Care Insurance
- Explanation of different levels of care and expectations including; independent living, assisted living, skilled nursing, hospitalization, hospice, private-duty and home health services
- Provide written materials to include: AOS resource guide, individualized recommendations and transition plan
Care Coordination Plus Package: 10 hours of Care Management to provide all of the Care Coordination Package services and tour facilities of choice, assistance with entrance or admission paperwork and all the extras needed to initiate and coordinate a move – $650
- Now that your level of care has been determined and your preferences identified, we will tour the top choices with you to make the best choice for you
- Assist with all necessary admission paperwork, physician examination and lab work that may be required
- Set up moving date and help identify items to be moved
- Coordination of resources; including moving companies and packing services
- Coordination with facility staff for a smooth transition, set up of support services and review of plan of care
When a little more support is needed during the move, our professional care manager can work with our registry of private-duty caregivers to bring in additional hands-on support during a transition:
Helping Hands – Includes 2 hours of care coordination and 6 hours of caregiver assistance on the day of the move – $250
- Care Manager to coordinate and assist client and facility staff on the day of the move
- Caregiver to assist with the day of move. This may include setting up the room, unpacking or helping to occupy your loved one while the room is set up
- Assistance with orientation to the facility
- Dining companion for first meal
- Running errands for additional items you may have forgotten
- Labeling clothing or other personal items
Open Arms – Includes 4 hours of care coordination and 12 hours of caregiver assistance. This package includes Helping Hands services plus additional services beyond the day of the move to assist with adjustment- $500
- Two return visits by the care manager to monitor ongoing adjustment and address any additional needs and establish plan of care
- Three 2-hour caregiver visits throughout the first week to check in and help with adjustment, which can be scheduled to best meet your needs; perhaps it is to get the day going, during meal times, a walk around the facility or to wind down in the evening
Extended Care – Includes 4 hours of care management and 20 hours of caregiver assistance. This package includes Open Arms services and one year of our AOS Cares on-call program to help provide ongoing support and resources – $850
- A total of ten 2-hour caregiver visits throughout the first two weeks to check in and help with adjustment, which can be scheduled to best meet your needs; perhaps it is to get the day going, during meal times, a walk around the facility or to wind down in the evening
- Membership in our AOS Cars program provides the resident, family and facility with 24/7 access to all
all services provided through Aging Outreach Services. When unanticipated needs occur or your loved one is sent out of the facility for medical services, we can provide assistance day or night with one phone call.
All AOS services can be utilized individually or bundled. Our initial consultation is always free, to help determine what services or combination of services will best meet your needs. From finding a care manager to organize a plan to referring you to a caregiver to provide hands on services, we can provide the scope of care you need.